MyCarGossip is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website. You can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
MyCarGossip may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 18/09/2012.
We do not store credit card details.
MyCarGossip 8244387 of Accommodation Road (we,us,our) complies with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “DPA)
- For the purposes of the DPA, where relevant we are the data controller.
- Please read the following policy to understand how we many use the personal data you provide or which we collect about you.
- This policy may vary from time to time so please check it regularly.
2. The Personal Data We Collect
2.1 We may collect the following personal data about you:
2.1.1 Personal data you provide if you contact us via our website.
2.1.2 Personal data you provide if you contact us (including by telephone) to register or subscribe as a member.
2.1.3 Personal data gathered using cookies
2.1.4 Details of your visits to our website including but not limited to traffic data, location data, webblogs and other communication data.
2.1.5 Information about your computer including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
3. How we use personal data collected.
3.1 We may use and process the personal data you provide for the purposes outlined below as well as for any purposes specified at the time of collection.
3.1.1 To send you information you have requested.
3.1.2 To deal with your enquiries.
3.1.3 To contact you by email about news
3.1.4 To help us develop this website to be more useful to you
3.1.5 For website user processing research or analysis including to collect statistics, responses to any surveys and questionnaires, traffic patterns and related site information. (We aggregate this data and it does not identify any website users).
3.1.6 For internal purposes for research, analysis, testing, monitoring, customer communication, risk management and administrative purposes.
3.1.7 To send you important notices such as communications about changes to our terms and conditions and policies.
4. Disclosure of your personal data.
4.1. We may disclose the personal data to affiliates or third part data processers who may process data on our behalf to enable us to carry out our usual business practices.
4.2 We may disclose your personal data to third parties in the following circumstances:
4.2.1 To understand the activities listed above.
4.2.2 To conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process.
4.2.3 To assist in the investigation of suspected illegal or wrongful activity. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protections and credit risk reduction.
4.2.4 To protect and defend our rights or property.
4.2.5 To deal with any misuse of the website, or
4.2.6 To sell, make ready for sale or dispose of our business in a whole or in part including to any potential buyer or their advisers.
5. Your rights.
5.1 When you use this website and provide us with your personal data you are agreeing that we may use your personal data for the purposes set out in this policy.
5.2 You have the right to:
5.2.1 Request that we stop sending you marketing information
5.2.2 Apply for a copy of the data we hold about you (for which we can charge an administration fee which is currently £20)
5.2.3 Request that we correct or remove any personal data which we hold about you which you believe is inaccurate or out of date.
5.3 You can exercise this right by contact us at Grunberg & Co (14 Accommodation Road NW11 8ED)
6. Transferring Persona Data Overseas
6.1 The personal data we collect from you is currently held within the European Economic Area (EEA) It is possible that in the future such personal data may be transferred, sorted and/or processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA). By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and or processing. You should be aware that countries outside the EEA may not offer the same level of data protection at the United Kingdom, however, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with the DPA.
7. Links to other websites.
8. How users can contact us
8.1 If you have any questions about this policy please contact Charlotte Leuw at email@example.com
9. Using the website
9.1 If you are using the website to search for a motoring service it is still the user’s responsibility to research the service in full detail before contact them to ensure it is the service they require.
9.2 We are not responsible for any circumstances that happen outside of the website. We provide you with the information and it is up to you to contact a service from the website and use their company.
9.2 If you are searching for a driving instructor it is the user’s responsibility to check with the driving school that they have a certificate to prove they are on the approved driving instructors register.
9.3 If you are registering as a driving school you must update us to let us know if you have been taken off the approved driving instructor register.
9.4 All of the driving instructors on the website are on the Approved Driving Instructor Register and they are part of the Driving instructor Association. When you contact a driving instructor it is important to check their badges. A green octagonal badge proves that the instructor is fully qualified and an ADI. You should ask the driving instructor when you contact them which grade they are on. The DSA has introduced grades for ADIs; Grade 6 proves that the instructor is of a very high standard. Ideally you should be choosing an instructor with either a grade 5 or 6.
10. If you are a motoring business.
10.1 All prices for our extended profile listings are quoted on the website, these are subject to change without notice.
10.2 Extended profiles must be paid for within 30 days of the invoice date.
10.3 We will be entitled to withhold publication of your entry if you fail to make payment in accordance with our agreement.
10.4 The initial subscription is a period of 12 months. After a satisfactory business review you will be offered a loyalty discount for subsequent renewals providing you complete a direct debit payment authority.
10.5 Fees for an extended profile are non-refundable.
MyCarGossip has had start-up funding provided by Incub8it Limited (Grunberg & Co, 14 Accommodation Road, NW11 8ED)
- What are Cookies?
- Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookies. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu for a video about cookies visit www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies.
- Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences and generally improving the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests. These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also use to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the websites operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
- Functional cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language, or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Google Analytics: These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to compile reports to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come from and the pages they visited.
- How can they be removed?
2.1 You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your internet browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. For more information about cookies including how to set your internet browser to reject cookies please go to www.allaboutcookies.org